Sunday, March 11, 2012

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

I read this book recently this year. And I was inspired. I thought so highly of Greg Mortenson and the power of the individual. How one idea can lead to a mini revolution. How one person can change a life.
I even wrote another blog about it - you can see it on facebook on the Timeless Books page, if you get time.
That's why I was surprised when another person I admired - Jack Krakauer, has criticized Greg Mortenson and the Central Asian Institute and accused him of lying. Of fabricating most of the story in order to sell books.
I love the mountains and I love trekking. I wish I could do more for the mountains. I wish I could trek more.
I think I'll get the full story by reading Three Cups of Deceit, written by Jack Krakauer. In that he documents his findings and arguments. That will be an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment