Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

I loved this book. I have been recommending it to people LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE!! If there is one book you should be reading - it is this one!! Without a doubt!!
I don't think everyone should have a project - I just think that the book gives you a lot of time to think about your life, your priorities. One of my favourite quotes from that book is: The days are long but the years are short. How true that is.
My baby doesn't give me time to read much, but I manage a few hours here and there. This book is quite a fast read, and I think the author has done a great job by incorporating her own personal accounts in it. What I liked about it was that the book really resonated with me. I don't have much in common with Gretchen - I'm from India and live in Delhi, I have had an arranged marriage and I work in a salaried job. New Delhi doesn't offer the same charms as New York does. But still there was so much I learned. It just goes to show that you can still learn, no matter what your age.
One common factor between the author and me though was that I too love to read. I keep reading - and I keep talking about what I've read. I'd started this blog to discuss the books I read. I tried to start a book group but was not successful. Ah well, not all of life is success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment