Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fall of Giants by Ken Follett

Set in the backdrop of World War I, this book explores the lives of a set of individuals in Europe and America. It has everything - a love story(ies), politics, intrigue, war, battle, sadness, mirth. I was quite taken in with the romance between a young German diplomat and a British feminist. I never really thought about what would happen to relationships across borders if the countries went to war.
We live in peaceful times, so it gets difficult to understand what happens in war.
This book is the first book in the century trilogy. It is interesting now how authors are publishing books in parts. And the intrepid reader must read all of them! Thankfully we have a library in our housing society, so you don't have to buy the book - you can just borrow it! Having a library is such a great idea and such a great way to use money. I donated all my Agatha Christies that I'd accumulated over my childhood to the library. I also gave all my Kathy Reichs to them. I actually felt better when I'd done that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment