Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters

Amelia Peabody is not to be messed around with.
She has just inherited a fortune (almost $30 million dollars) and is armed with a parasol and a bundle of wit. After having taken Italy by storm, she is now in Egypt, being accompanied by a young Evelyn Forbes, who she has rescued and taken under her wing.
They both meet the Emerson brothers and the story progresses with a number of twists and turns.
It's not your usual Miss Marple style of detective story. But it is pure entertainment. I once read that adults do not LOL - laugh out loud. This was one book that made me laugh!!
On reviews of the book one person had commented that they could read and re-read the books in the series... and I agree!! I'm so glad I picked this one up at our library. It was a good choice and I can't wait to start on the next one!!
I can't say whether the series will appeal to men though.... but definitely if you are a woman/ female reader, do pick it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment