Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

My sister recommended this book to me, and I'm so glad she did! I am hooked!

It tells the story about a brave young girl called Katniss, who lives in District 12. It is set in Panem, which has arisen from what used to be North America. They are ruled by the Capitol, and have to abide by the law set down, which includes offering two tributes every year from their children for the Hunger Games.

You will not be able to put the book down once you start reading it. It's not that there is much character development - but its fast pace and excellent story line make it well worth the read. Also well worth the Rs 250 I paid for it!!

Online shopping people - that is the future of the book trade I think!! Why would anyone pay full price for a book when they can get it cheaper!!

FYI: The movie is also going to be released soon!! Hopefully my baby will get on the bottle by then so I can go drag my husband to see it with me!! That is, if they release it in India alongwith the world wide release!!

No comments:

Post a Comment