Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua

Thanks to the ongoing raging war between internet websites selling books in India, I was lucky to get (free) a copy of this book.
Now I know what you are thinking - I've become a mama and now I've started reading books on how to become a better mama. Something like that may be true, though I have unintentionally done it!
Sophie, Lulu and their over ambitious mom are the main characters in this non-fiction book about an over achieving Chinese (2nd generation) Mom raising kids in today's America.
There are some LOL moments. Some are truly ring a bell - like how she approves of tennis (it's not bowling)...
I guess in the end all parents don't want their kids to have any regrets. As I write this, Aditi is precariously balanced on my lap watching me type on this "strange" machine (she is only 5 1/2 months old!!).
What were my regrets?
Funny enough, not learning a musical instrument!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment