Monday, December 13, 2010

Luka and the Fire of Life by Salman Rushdie

I can't imagine why there have been no entries since July. It's not that I haven't been reading - it's just that I have been totally wrapped up in law school and the job and working and....
Well I finally finished the book though - that too in Paris!!
An odd thing though. You will never imagine where I read Haroun and the Sea of Stories?
Paris!
That was almost 10 years ago when I came across it lying at the residence of the Auntie's house who I was staying at. I read it and loved it.
The second book - written for his son Milan, is a good yarn. It keeps you interested, and there are a number of interesting things to think about.
Whether it's an amazing book, etc etc etc.... I would say no.
My hubby got it for my bday by the way. I'd wanted to read it so he bought it for me. Though I wish I'd gotten the Finkler Question instead now.

No comments:

Post a Comment