Friday, July 1, 2011

Spider Bones by Kathy Reichs

Set in Hawaii, well, mostly.
What else can I say? Kathy Reichs is all right - good for reading a chapter a day at a time. Literary genius she may not be but she spins a good story.
In this one, there was a bit of a cross over between a CSI episode I've seen and the book's plot. I liked the parallels drawn between the war in Vietnam and that in Afghanistan. There was a lot of reference to gang warfare within the US itself, with young kids getting killed over drugs and other such nonsense.
I found it amusing - the references to Law and Order, CSI and Bones - all TV series that I watch.
I would give this book a 6/10. It held my interest, but I don't like her writing style too much. A bit too abrupt in some instances. I prefer prose I think.
Plus you can't really read this book listening to Vivaldi. That's another thing I don't like about her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment